If you have a mild traumatic brain and you suffer from concussion symptoms, you should visit our North West Physio and Massage clinic without any further delay. Since you will get some serious side effects due to a concussion, you should get the treatment at the right time. At North West Calgary, we have physiotherapists specializing in treating the concussion condition. Thus, feel free to reach us as soon as you feel any concussion symptoms. We are the best concussion management physiotherapy specialists in the town.
At first, our concussion physical therapy experts will assess your condition and ask you to undergo several concussion tests. After getting a report from such tests, our physiotherapists will differentiate your concussion symptoms. After identifying the main symptoms, our therapists will implement treatment plans that mainly focus on symptom areas.
In case, if concussion issue affects your neck or spine area, then our physiotherapists will follow the below treatment
· Teaching exercises to strengthen neck muscles
· Conducting manual therapy or a hands-on approach to make sure that your joints are working properly
· Implementing Myofascial release techniques to check whether the surrounding soft tissue around the affected neck or spine area has good mobility
· Exercises to have balance control
Visual Issues After Concussion:
If the patient suffers from vision problems after a concussion, our concussion treatment physiotherapy will provide
· Ocular reflex training
· Therapies to reduce the visual disturbances
Exertion Issues After Concussion:
For exertion issues after a concussion, our therapists will teach you
· Exercise programs
· Tailored exercises for individuals to reduce the exertion issues
Vestibular Issues After Concussion:
In case, a concussion creates vestibular problems, you will suffer from dizziness and imbalance. Thus, to help you balance your mobility, our therapists provide the below treatment
· The first step is training patients for getting a balance
· Teaching Canalith repositioning maneuver to prevent getting dizziness in concussion patients
For What Symptoms Do We Provide Concussion Treatment?
As already said, our therapists will first make an initial assessment of patients to know about the symptoms. With a proper diagnosis involving several concussion tests, our therapists find out your issues due to concussion.
It is crucial to understand individuals’ concussion symptoms to get early intervention. Here are the symptoms that our therapist observed in our patients:
· Difficulty in remembering the things before and after the event
· Unconsciousness sometimes
· An individual will get confusion over things
· A Person will respond very slowly to others in answering the questions
· One can see a change in mood, behavior, and personality of an individual due to a concussion
Additionally, our therapists found the below-mentioned signs in our concussion patients:
· Dizziness and balance issues
· Blurry vision
· Memory problem
· Concentration issues
When our patients have one or more symptoms, our therapists will guess that there is a great chance of a concussion or serious traumatic injury.
Once we diagnose the patient as having a concussion condition, we create an individualized treatment plan. Though there are several treatment options available for you like surgery, and over-the-counter medications, we recommend concussion treatment physiotherapy as the best treatment. Since we didn’t ask you to take drugs or undergo surgery, you are free from side effects.
So, our experienced concussion physiotherapists will treat your concussion in the following ways:
· Training the inner ear balance system which is a vestibular system to improve the concentration of patients
· Providing patients with the necessary training to improve the visual system
· Performing a hands-on approach or manual therapy on the patients’ neck area
· Teaching neck muscles exercises
· Making patients be the part of cardiovascular exercises
· Teaching patients about how to return to their daily life activities
This is how our therapists will teach our patients to lead a better life by reducing concussion symptoms. A Patient may recover from a concussion soon or will take much time. For instance, some patients will take just two weeks to recover whereas others may take several months and even years. Such a recovery period depends on the severity of the injury as well as the patient’s age.
Thus, it is better to seek treatment at our North West Calgary clinic rather than think of other options. We provide safe treatment to our patients and focus only on their recovery. Book an appointment with us using the official website and reach us today!